Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow days!

As most of you know, we've had a few snow days this week...this is #3. Thankfully, Pearlie came over yesterday and today to help keep the sanity in our house. Emily is just so much better behaved when someone else is around! Plus, I was able to do 5 loads of laundry and 1 load of diapers yesterday...very difficult to keep up with if I'm distracted with my own stuff!

Tuesday, I let Emily go out for a few minutes. I couldn't play with her very well because I had Anna strapped to me (inside my coat), but she didn't want to stay out very long anyway. Good thing we had the snow suit! Made going out much easier.


Anna had her own warm outfit too! Unfortunately, it's a 6-12 month size so it really swallowed her. Her feet didn't even come to the leg holes!


Just a couple cute pictures.

(So glad we had this sleep sack. It kept Anna warm Tuesday night when we lost power for 4 hours and had no heat. Plus, it's so cute!)


That afternoon we made Brown Sugar Cookies. Phillip said they're one of my best so far. They were pretty good, if I say so myself.

Yesterday, Pearlie came over and we made banana bread in the morning and not a whole lot else for the rest of the day.

This morning, so far, we've managed to not really accomplish anything, other than 1 load of laundry. Emily did show off her new hairstyle to Aunt Jenni on Google chat, but that's about it. Emily had her first ponytail last week, but Pearlie didn't get to see it because she was sick. So, I decided to do it again today and take better pictures so Aunt Jenni could see it too.


Yea! Now, if we can make it through tomorrow, we'll be good. Unfortunately, like the thousands of other people in Abilene, we'll have to go to the grocery store before the Super Bowl!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

so fun!! glad we got to chat for a few minutes this morning....love the ponytail!

Jenni said...

send me the recipe for your brown sugar cookies - they sound yummy!

Heather said...

They were!

Brown Sugar Cookies

1 C butter or margarine, softened
1 C brown sugar
2 C flour
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 t banking soda
1/8 t salt

Cream butter & sugar. Beat in egg & vanilla. Stir flour, soda & salt together and add. Mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. (They will spread to about 3".) Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes until done. Makes 3-4 dozen.