Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

Goals Update


Back here, I talked about my goals for the year. I took a break from tracking them this summer due to moving and settling. While I'm not going to track the percentages anymore, I thought I'd let you know how I feel I'm doing on them.

Do my household cleaning chores each week, 80% of the year: yes, probably so

Follow my to do list each week, 80% of the year: yes, probably so

Exercise (walk or Wii Fit Plus) 4 days a week, 80% of the year
: absolutely...if I don't walk in the mornings, my back really starts to hurt in the evenings

Meal plan each week, 80% of the year
: yes, I am finally doing this again!

Be under budget on groceries (food and household items) every month
: this is a toughie! with moving and settling, we haven't been under budget, but I hope to start this one again in October.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I would like good tip on house cleaning schedule. I have thought of breaking it up all through week somehow. But don't want dusted furniture and then dirty carpet, etc.

80/20 rule can work on anything. I have heard of it in regard to eating healthy, like 80% of time on track, and treats or off eating 20% and still be healthy.

Heather said...

Karen, what has worked for me is to have a two week rotating schedule. It worked better when I was actually at home all the time, but it's working okay now (at least now that I'm accepting less cleaning!).

Week 1:
Monday: water plants
Tuesday: no chores...I'm at work
Wednesday: wash sheets & towels and light colors/whites; plan meals & grocery list
Thursday: grocery shopping
Friday: clean kitchen; wash dark colors

Week 2:
Monday: water plants
Tuesday: no chores...I'm at work
Wednesday: wash light colors/whites; plan meals & grocery list
Thursday: sweep/dry mop floors; grocery shopping
Friday: dust; wash dark colors