Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Goals

I've never made New Year's resolutions. Just didn't ever seem appropriate. But, this year, I decided to make some goals for myself. Not resolutions, but goals. They're all things I'm doing anyway, so I'm not resolving to do anything new, just actually setting goals. (By setting, I mean writing them down and making them measurable.) Here are my goals for the year.

Do my household cleaning chores each week, 80% of the year
Follow my to do list each week, 80% of the year
Exercise (walk or Wii Fit Plus) 4 days a week, 80% of the year
Meal plan each week, 80% of the year
Be under budget on groceries (food and household items) every month

Why 80%? Well, it allows for the funky weeks when I have to be gone more than I expect. And, 80% of the weeks is 42 weeks. Sounds reasonable to allow for almost 1 week per month to be funky.

I'm going to track my progress here to keep myself accountable. I hope by sharing my meal plans here, it will do several things: give you a peek into our house (and see that it's not all extravagant meals), encourage you to do the same, and give you ideas for your own meals. (If you ever want a recipe, let me know. I'm happy to share!)

Have you set goals for the year? What are they?

No comments: