Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

(I seem to remember having issues posting this so that's why it's late. So sorry. I know all 2 of you look forward to it!)

This month, for the first time in about a year, we participated in Angel Food. If you haven't heard of it, you should try it! Each month, you can order a box of food that costs roughly half of its value. (I did the math one time and it really is that!) It's open to anyone. There are no income requirements. Since we started participating 3-4 years ago, the program has gotten so much better. You now have more variety in what box you choose and there are far fewer fried foods than there used to be. I'm thankful for that. We got the $41 box this month so I'm hoping to spend far less on groceries because we've already got a month's worth of food! (They say that the box can feed a family of 4 for a week. I'd say, you have to eat a LOT at each meal for even a family of 4 to eat it all in one week!)

Go check it out. I'd love to hear from you if you try it! Here's what we'll be having this week.

Thursday: Biscuits and Gravy
Friday: grilled pork chops, broccoli, spaghetti squash w/ garlic butter
Monday: sweet & sour chicken, rice
Tuesday: Pot roast with veggies (casserole from Angel Food), cornbread
Wednesday: spaghetti

No comments: