Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

MOPS

(Don't forget about the Great MOMS Walk. More details here. Deadline for donations is May 3.)

Monday was the annual Tea & Testimony meeting at MOPS. It was a tea party and three moms shared their stories. I was really moved by one woman who told how she joined MOPS. She was literally at her wits' end, dealing with a toddler and a five-month-old who had been colicky since two weeks old. Thankfully, her mother (I think) suggested she look into a group called MOPS that she'd heard about on the radio. Five years later, she's been a table leader for a couple years and on the steering committee for a couple years. I am grateful she found MOPS.

While my story is not as powerful, I did share with my table how much MOPS has affected me this year. Because we live where we do, I have NO connection with anyone during the day (outside of Phillip and Emily). If I didn't have MOPS to look forward to every couple of weeks, I think I would go nuts. There have been a couple of times that I have gone nuts between meetings! Besides, I know it is good for Emily to be with other kids her age and to learn that I will always come back to get her from the "strangers" I leave her with.

So, that's my story. I hope it encourages others to join MOPS, but, if not, I know I've gotten something out of it!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am so glad that MOPS is good for you.....knowing that has made me a champion of the new MOPS group that my friend Heather is trying to start at PRCC....