Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

9 months, 39 weeks & a trip

I've been especially bad about blogging lately. I've had good intentions. I've even had posts written in my head. I've just been trying to stay away from the computer so I'm not on it too long at a time. Needless to say, a week has gone by and I've yet to update the blog. Oh well.

Here's what you really came for!




Today, Emily is 9 months old (and 39 weeks!). She's crawling all over the place (and quickly!), cruising a bit (if there's something really interesting at the other end of the couch), talking up a storm, and still sleeping and eating well. She's eating cereal (rice & oatmeal), yellow squash (a favorite), peas (not so much a favorite), carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, apples and bananas when I have them). 

Here, she's playing with her new Quiet Book that Pearlie made for her. She loves it. Now, it's been put away for the times when we go someplace and she needs to be quiet!



This weekend (actually, today) we're headed to Austin to visit friends and for Phillip and the guys to go to the Boys State Basketball Tournament. Phillip's been going for the past 5 years or so (except last year when they all went to the NCAA tournament). It's something he really enjoys and I know he needs the time with the guys so I encourage him to go. This year, Emily & I get to go and hang out with Kellie and Jake while the boys have their fun. I'm so excited!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

have fun....be careful...and take pictures of Emily and her new friend!!!

I sure did enjoy my visit with you guys this past weekend!

Jenni said...

the videos were great!!! love the ones of just her playing and you talking (especially when you had to swat her hand and tell her NO!) :-)