Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

And we're growing...

I've been asked why no belly shots recently. Well, I decided to take them on the same day as my doctor appointments so there wouldn't be so many. (I had comments about that early on.) Because of the funeral last week, my appointment was pushed to this week. So, for all those who want to see, here I am. (Oh, and you'll only have to wait three weeks for a new belly shot this next time. So, never fear!)


When Dr. Jarrett tried to listen to the heart with the Doppler, the baby kept kicking her and hiding. Yes, she found the heartbeat of the umbilical cord and the placenta, but she was trying to get right over the heart and the baby wouldn't let her. It was pretty funny! She kept looking and Phillip and saying, "Do you see what your child is doing? Are you ready for this?" So, she used the sonogram to see the heart. We could see a hand and the eyes and legs and rib cage (and heart, of course)! She pointed out the liver, but I never really saw that.

And, in case you're wondering, you can't get enough potassium from bananas to raise your level high enough to prevent leg cramps. Apparently you'd have to be a monkey to eat enough!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Yeah! I see a baby! I'm sorry you are getting leg cramps. Those are the pits!