Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Italy

Many of you know we went to Italy on our honeymoon. We loved our week there and would love to go back.

However, that was a bit out of my price range when I started planning a date. So I settled on this idea I found at The Dating Divas.

After we dropped the girls off at my parents' house, Phillip and I went back home to make calzones. We've made them before, but I think they were the best we've ever made. Maybe because we used more meats than we've ever done. They were so yummy and filled our plates and tummies!

While those were baking, we finished mixing up the strawberry gelato and got the ice cream freezer going.

After supper, we retreated to the living room for our Italian "foreign film." We watched "The Italian Job." There's a long-standing joke that I can't stay awake to watch that movie. Ok, so it's not really a joke. I think we've watched it five or six times and I've seen all of it one or two times! But I made it through this time because we took a break to get gelato in the middle. Pure deliciousness!

If you need some date night inspiration, I highly recommend The Dating Divas!

No comments: