Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Food blog

Since I talked about food so much here, I thought I'd follow up with a couple more food-related items. Some time ago, I found Muffin Tin Mom and loved the concept. I haven't do it too many times, but Emily does enjoy it when I do. We'd had a rough morning yesterday, so I decided it was time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in style. Here's the lunch I came up with.

2 shamrock PB&J sandwiches, shamrock Velveeta, shamrock strawberries, hot dog and green milk to drink

~~~~~~~~~~

I've been pinning like crazy. Ok, maybe not as much as some of my friends, but I do pin things that look like fun for Emily (and me!). In the past couple weeks, we've tried a couple of my food ideas.

Last week, we made fruit snacks to take on our trip to Aunt Jenni's. I followed the recipe here. They were good and not too messy and tasted just like Jell-o. (But, they do melt in the warm car!) But, I think I want to try these too.

Today, we tried fruit leather from this recipe. Emily didn't like them and I thought they were only okay. Don't know if I'll try another recipe or not. But, this recipe of dried strawberries looks like something to try.

No comments: